Role: Country Director, Rwanda
Start Date: April 2018
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Who You Are
A resourceful and solutions-oriented leader, who works creatively and collaboratively with team members and partners.
You have a strong personal network relevant to Resonate’s work with women and girls in the NGO sector.
You are a systems thinker who naturally sees how different levers impact one another, and streamlines
You are organized and detail-oriented, and can manage multiple things at once, while always keeping key priorities in mind. You follow-up on even the small things.
You are extremely targets driven, and are able to set and hold others accountable to targets as well.
Your are a natural communicator, and are able to distil and deliver information to different audiences in a way that is easy for them to understand.
You are naturally adaptable and collaborative, and work well in a fast-moving start-up environment.
About the Position
The Country Director will have four primary responsibilities:
Manage Country Office and Team
Drive revenue generation
Set strategy and goals
Manager external relations and partnerships
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Country Office (30%)
- Manage performance and professional growth of the Resonate team
- Set and manage budgets and compliance for all team functions
- Innovate and iterate on new and existing processes to improve performance
- Revenue Generation (30%)
- Manage sales process and targets from lead generation, through to creating customer advocates
- Improve and standardize sales tactics and process to increase conversion rates and expand client base
- Support fundraising efforts both in-country and abroad
- Strategy and Goals (25%)
- Lead countrywide strategy, and support CEO in strategy for regional expansion
- Set goals, and create accountability for the team to reach targets
- Build integrated systems to prepare for and build toward scale
- External Relations (15%)
- Maintain and build Resonate's in-country and regional relationships with other NGOs, private sector, and government
- Manages external partnerships, and represent Resonate to journalists
- Build and manage the in-country advisory board, and create relationships with international board and advisors
6-10 years of experience in program management, sales, or business development
5+ years of team management experience
Demonstrable experience in project management
Connections within public, private, and NGO sector in Rwanda and East Africa
Connections to funding networks in the United States, Europe, or Canada
Excellent communications and public speaking skills
Systems thinking and ability to create and formalize processes
Highly organized and detail-oriented
Knowledge of financial systems and processes
Skilled with computers, preferably with experience in Salesforce
Fluent in English, fluency in Kinyarwanda preferred
(Preferred) Driving license
To apply, send your CV with the subject line “Country Director Application” to: email@example.com
Resonate is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.