Start Date: March 15, 2017
Position type: Part-time 20 hours per week
Compensation: Paid internship
Who We Are
Resonate teaches leadership skills to women and girls through a training program rooted in storytelling. The confidence gained from developing a personal story, as well as the ability to articulate it eloquently, are essential tools for emerging female leaders.
To cultivate more female leaders, women need access to education and financial programs—the benefits provided by those services are necessary for the betterment of women’s lives and continued economic growth. In order to see accelerated progress toward closing gender equality gaps, programs that provide women with skills and services must also focus on confidence, agency, and leadership.
Resonate partners with organizations focused on women’s skill building and increases their capacity by incorporating narrative-based leadership training into existing programming. Harnessing the power of storytelling will allow women and girls to leverage their knowledge and skills to create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Who You Are
You are comfortable in a fast-paced startup, and have the ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a rapidly-changing environment. You are enthusiastic, conscientious, eager to learn, flexible, and a critical thinker. You must be detail oriented and excellent communicator.
This role will involve engagement with our participants in person, or over the phone, in order to track and document our program’s impact. It’s important that the Impact Intern has passion and dedication to our work and is a good listener.
The Impact Intern will play a critical role in assisting monitoring and evaluation process of Resonate’s programs. This will involve collecting data from our participants either in person, or over the phone, entering and storing data received using current established systems and processes, thereafter compile and classify results in a report.
As a steadily growing startup organization, Resonate is seeking the right candidate to help track and measure programs impact. We are looking for a candidate with great communication and interpersonal skills, good computer knowledge, and quick learner.
The Impact Intern will be hired for a 3 month contract as an Intern. Depending on budget, performance, and fit, Resonate may decide to discuss opportunities for a longer-term staff position. The Impact intern will report to the Operations Manager.
80% Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensuring monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, data collection, entry and storage are appropriately and accurately implemented
- Organizing and leading surveys questionnaires, as well as focus group discussions with participants as needed
- Ensuring quality data collection and reporting from participants
- Reporting monitoring and evaluation data internally
- Communicating effectively with the team about any concern or suggestions raised during the collection and entry of data
20% Other Tasks as They Arise
- Support the Operations Manager to track and monitor M&E costs
- Provide support to the team as needed
- Be present at the office three days per week to assist as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills
- Listening and attention to details skills
- Computer skills (Excel and Word)
- Prioritizing and organization skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to interact with people face to face and on phone
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks with minimum supervision
- Quality oriented person
Languages: Written and oral fluency in Kinyarwanda and English mandatory, French and Kiswahili a plus
Interested candidates please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Impact Intern Application